Friday, November 20, 2009

Somethings gotta give

So a few days ago we decided that Joseph did not need his sippy cup anymore since he drank out of a cup fine. Unfortunately this caused him to drink alot less than he was, he was still drinking but it was a very minimal amount. He also didn't have very many wet diapers at all and when he did it was not very much. I also noticed that when he was playing the other day he was laying down and being very lazy, he also took a nap early in the morning, on his own, which he never does. Something also that happened yesterday that I didn't think was related at the time was that Joseph didn't eat much at breakfast, lunch or dinner( which I found out later from Daniel since i wasn't there at dinner time because I went to a church activity). Anyway the next morning Daniel gave Joseph some milk and Joseph was drinking a little bit of it when Daniel brought over a waffle for him to eat. Joseph lunged for the waffle spilling his milk and screaming with his hands trembling. Daniel and I were a little bit more than shocked I can tell you that much. Daniel was frozen with amazement for a moment and then I told him to just give him the waffle, without tearing it in pieces for him. I should have known that even though some kids don't eat very much and drink very much, that was not okay for Joseph because he has never been like that before. I should have stuck with my instincts and realized he needed to be drinking more. For some reason he just doesn't drink that much from a cup at this time. I should have know that we were taking too much and something was going to have to give at some point.The poor guy was dehydrated and starving. He is doing okay now.

No comments:

Post a Comment